Dr. Shakti Singh is the current working partner and Orthodontist at Smiles in Motion. He finished his residency in Orthodontics at the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, and in 2015 became a licensed Orthodontic Specialist in Ontario. As a young dental student he was always fascinated by the “magic” done by orthodontists and their ability to move teeth and the huge psychosocial impact it caused in patient’s lives. He knew early in his dental career that he could make a positive impact on patients lives by practicing Orthodontics.
Originally, from New Delhi, Dr. Singh was an outstanding student accumulating numerous awards and achievements, including the Indian Dental Association Scholarship for a 1st place standing in the final year dental exams. Dr Singh immigrated to Canada and in his quest to become a dentist, he cleared the Canadian Dental Board Examinations in one go. He in fact ranked first (throughout Canada) in the Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge exam administered by the Canadian Dental Board in 2012.
Wanting to pursue orthodontics Dr. Singh was able to secure one of the only 3 spots available throughout Canada for residency in Orthodontics, for internationally trained orthodontists. This incidentally was the only spot available in Ontario at the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto.
Since finishing his 2nd residency in orthodontics in 2015 he has successfully treated hundreds of orthodontic patients.
Dr Singh and Dr Tocchio met in 2016 where there was an instant match between two like minds. Their treatment philosophy was very simple-
- Monitor growth and development of jaws and teeth of children
- Determine the appropriate time (“sweet spot”) to undertake orthodontic treatment according to individual needs
- Communication of treatment plan in a clear/coherent manner.
- “NO PRESSURE” from our side to start the treatment
Dr. Singh joined Smiles in Motion during the summer of 2017 and was instantly a welcome addition to the staff and patients with his positive energy, friendly manner and vast knowledge of Orthodontics. He is now the working partner and actively monitors treatment progress and day to day functioning of the office.
Dr. Singh’s Professional affiliations include:
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists Canada
- Member of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- Member of the Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the Ontario Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the Ontario Dental Association.